get link Episode enter site 013 – Be A Results Driven Coach Using SMART Goals with Dave Forister
source site Guest Bio
Dave Forister has over 30 years experience in coaching men’s gymnastics. His coaching methods have resulted in athletes achieving regional and national championships. Dave shares with us the strategies and methods that have proven effective and teaches us how they are transferrable from an athletic coach to a business coach.
- Role of the coach is to determine the path to achieve the dreams of the student
- Dreams are broken down into goals which gets further broken down into an action plan
- Focus on your goals but be open to change
- Action plans need to consist of SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timeline) because it allows you to focus in a fast-paced environment
- Coaches need to be able to look outside the box, be creative and be innovative when customizing solutions for clients