Episode 008 – Mastering Social Media To Reach Your Target Audience with Adelaide Reilly
It is no question that the use of social media has become vital to the marketing efforts of any business, small or large. However with so many platforms available it is hard to know which ones are best suited for our business. So in this episode our guest today will provide us with some strategies and best practices for navigating the sea of social media options and utilize the ones that will have the biggest impact in reaching our target audience.
Adelaide Reilly is the senior vice-president for the Channel Company. She comes to us with more than 20 years of experience in publishing and communications consulting. Adelaide has successfully delivered award-winning content marketing programs that enable B2B technology vendors to reach IT decision-makers and solution providers worldwide. She responsible for managing Web-based events, ad sales and marketing programs to drive partner engagement and customer demand.
- Social Media is a conversation with a larger audience
- “1/9/90 Rule” 90% will read your info but not say anything, 9% will interact, 1% highly engaged
- Use multiple platforms to connect with your audience
- Visually appealing products – Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube
- Content heavy – LinkedIn, Twitter
- Service based business – Twitter, Facebook
- Blogging needs to be done on a daily basis in order to maintain conversation
- Quick video demo are very popular