Episode 007 – Learn How To Drive Website Traffic with Akilah Thompkins-Robinson
Today we are going to be talking all about content marketing and search engine optimization and how you can use them to grow your business.
Akilah Thompkins-Robinson is an online retail and SEO strategist at Onlineboutiquesource.com. She has spoken at several institutions and conference such as Stevens Institute of Technology, WordCamp Philly and WordCamp Baltimore. And has been a guest expert in several programs such as Passport to Six figures, Hustle Fearlessly, and the Pink boss club. And she was nominated for 2015 Online Retail Award for best branding agency.
- Effective content marketing will Inform, Educate and Entertain your audience
- Get to know what your customers want by asking them directly such as adding a question box on your site
- Useful analytic tools are Google analytics, Longtail Pro and Pinterest
- Lead magnets offer to give something away for free in exchange for a person’s contact information such as checklists, swipe files, lists of ways to do things
- Opt-in is when customers authorize to be added to your email list
- Lead magnets should be changed about every 3-4 months
- Keyword searches can narrow down which keywords best match your product/service
- Select keywords with high searches but low competition
- Secret sauce to keyword searches is back links
- Optimize for Google but write for people